Skip to content
Vehicles Sales Tax
Driver’s License, State ID’s, & Handgun Permits
Welcome to the Sullivan County Clerk Website!
Welcome to the Sullivan County Clerk’s website. Promising to find the most efficient and effective way to provide quality service, I hope you will find this site very helpful in answering some of your questions right from your own home. Below you will find general facts about the duties of our office and on the side, numerous tabs for more detailed information about certain aspects of our office. Please feel free to contact my office at 423-323-6428 if you need further assistance.
The County Clerk is a constitutional officer and is elected by the people for a term of four years. The specific work of the office is prescribed by the Legislature. Duties of the office range from being secretary to the County Commission, taking and maintaining the official minutes which are available for public viewing, to conducting a great deal of the State’s taxation duties within the County. The Clerk also serves as a member of the County Records Commission. Other duties relating to licenses including issuing vehicle registrations, boat registrations, marriage license, business license, as well as drivers License. Applications for Notary Publics and county beer license are also processed by the County Clerk . In addition, various and numerous public records generated by other offices within the county are kept on file by the Clerk.
As you browse the site, I hope you will see and take advantage of many innovative ways we serve the public's needs. Some of these include:
• On-line Tag Renewal
• On-line Business Tax
• On-line Marriage Application
• On-line Notary Application
• Driver's License Renewals
• Scanning County Commission Minutes and making available for on-line search
• Scanning Marriage records (going back to 1863) allowing for easy genealogy research
• We are excited to announce that we have now expanded our list of available services through our partnership with the Tennessee Dept. of Safety and Homeland Security, to include the renewal and replacement of REAL ID compliant Drivers Licenses. We can also renew your handgun permits. These services are available Monday-Friday from 8:00am-4:30pm at our Blountville location only.
Other services not visible on the website are payment by credit card for all services offered and contracting with the State to print vehicle titles in-house with the turn around time being reduced from months to on the spot for replacements and seven to ten days for most all other titles.
Office hours are 8:00 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. Monday thru Friday excluding Holidays
Get in touch