We are proud to announce that we are now offering an additional service to the public through our partnership with the Tennessee Dept. of Safety and Homeland Security. We now offer the renewal and replacement of REAL ID compliant Driver licenses.
The REAL ID act was enacted by Congress in an effort to prevent terrorism and reduce identity theft. After October 2020, you will need to have a REAL ID when boarding commercial flights within the United States, visiting certain federal buildings (only the ones you currently have to show ID), or if you wish to enter nuclear facilities. See info below on REAL ID
ID REQUIRED DOCUMENTS
YOU WILL NEED ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF CITIZENSHIP:
- OFFICIAL, CERTIFIED BIRTH CERTIFICATE (Either the original document from State Office of Vital Statistics or equivalent with either a raised and/or colored seal stamped on it.) If your name is now different from how it appears on your Birth Certificate, you will need a certified (stamped with a raised/colored seal) document showing the name change, such as a Marriage Certificate/Divorce Decree or a court order signed by judge.
- If you have had more than one name change, you must bring documentation to support each name change. It is imperative that name and address match on all documentation or we will not be able to process your request for a REAL ID. This is mandatory by the Dept. of Homeland Security.
- VALID, UNEXPIRED US PASSPORT OR PASSPORT CARD
- A CONSULAR REPORT OF BIRTH ABROAD
YOU WILL NEED ONE OF THE FOLLOWING
DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF SOCIAL SECURITY:
- SOCIAL SECURITY CARD (If it does not match the final legal name, must have the legal document
verifying the change)
- W2 (Within the
last 12 months, must show full Social Security number, not just last 4 digits)
- 1099 (Within
the last 12 months, must show full Social Security number, not just last 4
- PAYROLL CHECK STUB (Entire Social Security number must be computer printed on stub, not just
YOU WILL NEED TWO OF THE FOLLOWING
DOCUMENTS FOR PROOF OF TENN RESIDENCY:
These documents must show the
applicant’s name and physical address.
- CURRENT DRIVER LICENSE, ID, or CONCEALED HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT
- VOTER REGISTRATION CARD
- CURRENT VEHICLE REGISTRATION
- HOME UTILITY BILL (Within last 4 months) i.e. Gas, Electric, Water. Online bills must have
URL address displayed. Wireless phone
plans cannot be accepted.
- CURRENT TENNESSEE VEHICLE REGISTRATION OR TITLE (May use one, not both)
- IRS TAX RETURN (Within
last 12 months)
- BANK STATEMENT (Within
past 4 months)
- PAYROLL CHECK STUB (Within past 4 months)
- CURRENT HOMEOWNER OR RENTER INSURANCE POLICY
- CURRENT AUTOMOBILE, LIFE, OR HEALTH INSURANCE POLICY
- RECEIPT FOR PERSONAL PROPERTY OR REAL ESTATE TAXES PAID WITHIN PREVIOUS
Please make certain you have all
the correct documentation and your names match before coming to obtain your REAL
ID. Strict adherence is mandatory
by the TN Dept. of Homeland Safety. If
you are in doubt or have questions, please call 423-279-3250.
Cost to obtain REAL ID:
If it is time to renew your current Driver License, it will be the standard renewal cost of $32. If it is not time to renew your license, it will be the cost of a duplicate license which is $12 if you have never had a duplicate or $16 if you have had a duplicate before.
REAL ID’s, Driver license, Handgun Permit renewals are available at our Blountville location only
Monday-Friday from 8:00am -4:00pm.